DR Dewald Scholtz
Started DTS Psychology in 1997, leading DTS’s operations in South Africa. With over 25 years’ experience consulting to a wide range of internationally recognised blue-chip companies in the field of leadership assessment and development.He helps senior leaders to define, identify and develop leadership capability within their organisations to drive commercial success. He has significant international experience and has supported clients on international assignments across multiple continents.
- Further he has been intimately involved in assessment centre work for executive and middle management for the public and private sectors (Pfizer, SARS, Deloitte and Touché internal, Netcare, Department of Water Affairs, Gensec, Munich Re);
- Change management (Nampak, Aravia.com, Gauteng Provincial Government);
- Pay systems installation (Aravia.com, EchoPrestress, Mpumalanga Investment Institute, SAA);
- Linking pay to performance (EchoPrestress, SABS, Gauteng Provincial Government, Anglo Platinum, Superfleet, Central Energy Fund);
- Pay strategy (Byte Technologies, Professional Water Management, Dulux, The Jockey Club of SA);
- Incentive schemes (AfricOil, Dulux, Professional Water Management, Superfleet);
- Bonus schemes (PTM – a division of ESKOM, Mpumalanga Investment Institute, EchoPrestress);
- Performance management systems development and installation thereof (Gauteng Provincial Government, Mastercard, SABS, Superfleet);
- Retention strategies (SADC secretariat, Department of Water Affairs, AfricOil, Jockey Club of SA);
- Organisational Development (Aravia.com, PTM, AfricOil, MasterCard, Kumba, SADC secretariat);
- Compliance with legislation (Aravia.com, Multichoice, Gauteng Tourism Authority);
- Large scale technologically driven change management for Business Connection (BCX), BHPBilliton (Documentum, Legato), Gemini, Cell C and De Beers (SAP);
- BIOSS: CPA and Levels of work practitioner (Anglo Platinum, De Beers, Europ Assist, Landbank, ABSA, M&R, Micro Enterprise Alliance, various ad-hoc assignments for a wide range of companies).
Dr Scholtz holds a BA and BA (Honours) degrees from RAU, an MA (Industrial Psychology) from UNISA, an MBA degree from Wits and a DPsych degree from AIU with a specific focus on Research Psychology for high-nett worth individuals and candidates. He completed further studies in Insurance through IISA, Tax through RAU, Computational and Applied Mathematics at Wits and Quantitative Management at Unisa. Dewald also holds various post graduate certificates and diplomas. He is a registered industrial psychologist and has extensive experience as a General HR Specialist and is currently focusing on Coaching, Assessment, PMO (Project Management Office) as well as Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship. He has authored articles for the SA Journal of Information Management, as well as FA News. Dewald is currently a lecturer to MBA’s at UNISA School for Business Leadership in Change and Creative Management and he also lectures at Midrand Graduate Institute in IR as well as Pay and Reward and at Johannesburg University in Organisational Development.
Our consultants are highly respected for their sector knowledge. Throughout their careers in business and as practice professionals, they have built relationships with an extensive network, and collaborate with colleagues globally to share expertise across industries, functions and geographies.